Tuesday, May 19, 2009

One Month Since Kaden's Death

Tomorrow it will be one month since Kaden grew his wings. As I said before, I come to the blog almost everyday and try to post, but when I try to gather my thoughts I get really sad again. These days I am just trying my best not to be sad all the time. I have a wonderful husband and 3 other, great, kids that I need to be here for. Don't get me wrong, some days it is really tough just to be functioning, but I can tell Logan, especially, is really tuned into how I am feeling. I think it scares him when I am sad so I do my best to be "normal". It seems like so much longer than a month. I really miss having Kaden in my tummy--moving around--all safe and sound. It was just me & him most of the time during my pregnancy and I would talk to him alot about what I wanted for him and had planned for him. Now I will never really know him. I wonder all the time whose personality he would have had, what he would have looked like (especially since I really only remember what he looked like swollen),how close him & Logan would have been, how much Jessica & Christopher would have spoiled him rotten (just like Logan). I think those thoughts are what pains me the most. I pray that some day soon I will be able to look at his picture and have it not make me cry. I sure do love him and in some sense am afraid that life will go on and he will fade from my memory and I will have to look at his picture to remember. Does that make sense?

I had my 6 week check-up with my regular OBGYN yesterday. I actually don't even remember making the appointment, but got the reminder call on Saturday about it. I was sick thinking about going and on Sunday night I lost it. I came on to the blog and re-read our journey and cried hysterically. I did not expect that we were going to get the outcome that we did. But we did. So now I have to find the strength to move on. Dr. Snook, my OB, was great to me yesterday. He talked to both Craig & I and discussed the grieving process as well as some local support groups. I got a clean bill of health, and he said we could start trying again in July if we felt we were ready. I know July seems really soon, but since we will have to go back to the fertility clinic, I was actually extremely happy that we weren't going to have to wait 6 months to a year for my c-section to heal. I hope at least some of you can understand that I want a baby with Craig so bad. Kaden was that for me. And after trying for over 3 years to get him and me being 38, I know our chances of having a baby that we get to bring home get less and less the longer we wait. If God chooses to bless us again, with another child, it will never replace Kaden and what he means to me (or any of us). So keep us in your prayers for that, too.

I want to say thank you again to everyone for their continued support. I know sometimes it is hard to know what to say. And if for some reason I am not answering your phone calls or immediately returning your emails, it is because when I have to talk about how I am doing it still upsets me. No matter what I am doing, I am immediately having to think about Kaden and my feelings. So for now, just bear with me and know that I know that everyone is concerned and I love you for it! Also, I do still read and check up on all of you. Even though I may not leave a comment, I am still praying for you all and your little ones.

14 comments:

  1. We love you and are praying for you! If you need anything just let us know.

    Jes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kristi! I just love you so much! IT amazes me that through our little babies we have gained a whole family. I miss Maxton and Kaden, even though I never met him. I am terrified of Maxton fading from my memory. It's such a scary thought. David and I are going to start trying here soon (if my cycle would start back it would help!). I was worried that people would judge me and think I was trying to replace Max, but then I decided- who cares! I am not going to worry about how other people think I am doing. Anyways, sorry for the rant. All of that to say.. I love you and understand completely where you are.
    Much love and many prayer ;-)
    Ash

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristi,

    I really wish that I was closer. I really want to give you a big hug! I know what you mean about trying again! I have always wanted a child with Jason and God gave me Addison. Now that she is gone, I have this hole in my heart that I want to fill. We would never want to nor would be able to replace our little angels. They have made a lasting impression on our lives and hearts. I know that I will never forget your Kaden or my Addison because they brought us together and I have been blessed with so many wonderful people in my life. I know that when God blesses each one of us with another child, it will be the right time and these little ones will be healthy and happy and safe becasue they have their big borthers or sisters wat ching over them. I love you so much! Know that I am here when youare ready to talk! Also, Jason and I will be out your way in October. I really want to see you and Craig. I miss my California family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ((((HUGS)))...my thoughts and prayers are with you and your beautiful family.

    Much love - Tracy, Ian's mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. We are a just over a year out from our angel earning her wings and there are still times when I don't answer my phone. You have every right to not answer it! When you are ready you will talk about, vent or cry to those you are comfortable with. I will say a prayer for your fertility visits. Trying again brings a whole different set of emotions with it, be prepared for that. There is a book out there called TRYING AGAIN and it may help you on this next part of the journey. Some angel moms love it and some don't care for it. Check it out at your local library.

    Hugs and prayers to you.

    Love,
    Amy Miles
    mommy to Faith Grace Miles 3-6 to 4-5 2008
    LCDH

    ReplyDelete
  6. kristi i think about you guys often and pray for you still. i'm sorry that you are hurting so bad. i can't even begin to fathom your pain. i don't really even know what to say. know that there are people out there continuing to pray and to hurt with your family. you are not alone. your strength and spiritual walk amazed matt and myself. we love you guys and wish only the best for you! we'll keep following your journey and praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought of you, Craig and Kaden yesterday. You are in our daily prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You don't know me....but I want you to know, my thoughts are with you at all times.

    Kaden was a blessing. And if Kaden wants you to have a baby....God and Kaden will make that happen.

    I think of you often and pray for your healing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kristi,

    I have u in my thoughts... I can not imagine what u must be going through... So give yourself as much time as u need. U are a wonderful mother and Kaden knows it. My heart is with you always!


    HUGS
    Joanna(cherubs)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kristi,thanks for posting your thoughts, I come to your blog daily checking in on you and your family! I am still praying for you and hope that you find comfort knowing that there are a lot of other people praying as well. When I read your post every word you said hit so close to home. I bawled my eyes out at my 6 week appt. seeing all of the babies and pregnant women in the waiting room and thinking to myself I was supposed to be here showing off my new baby. I completly understand wanting a baby, I am going through the same thing and it takes me forever too and every month that I am not pregnant I think to myself, is this ever going to happen before it is too late?? I think about you all of the time and if you ever need anything, do not hesitate to call.

    With love, Jaime mommy to ^Ryann^

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kristi,

    There's no doubt in my mind that you will never forget about Kaden. There is not a baby in this world that will ever take his place. I'm so sorry that you hurt, and I wish I could take away that pain. Our prayers remain with you and yours.

    Much love,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thinking of sweet Kaden today. Happy 2 Months precious angel!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Kristi,
    In surfing the web, I found your story. I too lost my baby to cdh. Sylvia was born on 2/26/09 and lived for only 5 short but beautiful hours. I just wanted to tell you that your feelings truly resonate with me. We were given such hope in our ultrasounds as it appeared that just a part of her stomach was in her chest. It ended up that she had a bilateral cdh--truly a rarity and the WORST case scenario. I watched my hope disinitigrate quite quickly. The first time I atually got to see her, I knew she wasn't long for this world--a mother just knows. Letting your child go is the hardest thing anyone can go through. I too feel some guilt issues. After all, my only job in being pregnant with her was to deliver a healthy baby and I failed at that. Everyone says it wasn't my fault, but I do feel like I failed her in a sense. We cdh moms gotta stick together as we truly are the only ones who can empathize with each other. My e-mail address is AndyandBeth2004@yahoo.com I am blessed to have a 2 year old son and wonderful husband. You have the same blessings in your children and husband. For that, I am glad. I don't have a "blog" per se, but we do have a page set up telling Sylvia's journey at carepages.com Search for babysylvia You will see that I went through the same emotions as you if you read back in my posts. Today I was at Mass and a baby girl who looked to be about Sylvia's age sat in front of me. I had to leave Mass--all the thoughts of things I'll never get to experience with Sylvia came crashing upon me. I wish you peace, a hard find, I know.
    In love and heartache,
    Beth Houselog

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kristi,

    I reread your blog today...our stories are very similar and even involve a lot of the same people. We had our Vincent for 16 days and then had to make the decision to let him go. I really just wanted to thank you for sharing your story...just reading what you went through and how you felt really helped me make sense of a few things. So, thank you and I'll continue to pray for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete