Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Got the call from Kaiser today...

I am sooo excited. For those of you who don't know, Kaiser, our primary HMO had to REFER us to UCSF for evaluation. Even after the two consults with UCSF, Kaiser was putting up a pretty good fight for me to continue my care at a Kaiser facility since we decided not to do the tracheal occlusion. Well, Dr. Lee (the head of the Fetal Treatment Center at UCSF), said not to worry and worse case scenario we would have to just go to Kaiser for the growth ultrasounds but still be able to deliver at UCSF. I was okay with that, but I really wanted UCSF to just take over my care. Well, today I got a call from the genetics counselor at Kaiser and she said that Dr. Lee spoke with the perinatologist at Kaiser and requested that UCSF take over our case completely--and they approved it!!!! Even though I am not considered a "high-risk" pregnancy, I am considered a "high-risk" birth. I will still get to see my regular doctor at Kaiser for my blood-work and non-stress tests, but all the important things will be in San Fran!! It totally made my day and took alot of stress out of my pregnancy...ANOTHER ANSWERED PRAYER!!

7 comments:

  1. Hello I am also very good friends with Elizabeth~ Nayeli's Mommy. I'm so glad you got positive news today! I also wanted to encourage you to be positive. My daughter Ava was also born with CDH. She is such a fighter. I just know you baby will also fight as hard as he can. Let me know if I can help support you in any way. WE have a few blogs. The one has videos that I have done for Miss Ava. She still inspires so many.

    ~Terri L. Helmick
    http://avaslifewithcdh.blogspot.com
    http://cdhawarenessvideos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you are from Iowa. We live in Burlington, the southeastern bottom tip. I'm so glad you started a blog. It is wonderful to be able to share this experience. You will be amazed at the support you will get. Strangers are somewtimes the BEST at knowing what to say. We also have a carepage. Many people use them too. Much prayers to you and your family and please don't be afraid to email. I've been through a lot with Ava well we still are. She will be having another surgery in February. We are hoping and praying she is able to stay here on earth with us. We can't imagine our lives without her. Children are such preccious gifts from GOD.

    Here is my email address if you want to email.

    ~Terri
    mycdhlife@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is great news! I am so glad it worked out for you. God is watching over Kaden.
    hugs,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! Sometimes Kaiser is a real pain, thankfully it worked out so well for your little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratz! It's nice to get good news during this situation :) I'm happy for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful news!! God is truly watching out for Kaden and what is best for him and your family. UCSF will take care of Kaden and give him wonderful care from the second he is born. I hope Kaden is kicking up a storm and getting stronger everyday for his journey ahead of him!

    HUGS, Tracy Meats - mom to Ian, born with a LCDH on 4/3/04 and WY and CO State Rep. for CHERUBS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dealing with Insurance is one the hardest parts in all of this.

    Thanks for replying to my post on Cherubs.

    I'm glad to have found someone with a due date close to mine.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete