Monday, January 19, 2009

Today is My Birthday!!!

Talk about the ticking biological clock...I am 38 today!! I can honestly say I don't feel 38 (whatever it is suppose to feel like). Craig & I were in bed yesterday talking about when we were kids, and our parents turned 38--how OLD we thought they were. Craig asked Logan last night how old he thought mommy was, and he said 60! Out of the mouths of babes.... Honestly, I feel so blessed to be pregnant at 38, and feel like I am much younger (at least 35). Things have been going really well with Kaden. I swear this boy is going to be a UFC fighter. He moves from "transverse" to "head-down" at least twice a day. I looked it up yesterday on the internet and I found an article that said at this gestational age they do a "bicycle" movement to get into different positions--I swear he is practicing for the Tour de France! I am also excited that my friends are throwing us a co-ed shower on the 31st! I am looking forward to seeing so many friends (alot that we haven't seen since we became pregnant) and even getting to meet some new friends in person for the first time (yes, I mean you--Liz & Shane). Since Craig is a CHP officer, alot of our friends are kinda all over the place--close, but not close enough to get together like we would like. I am also very excited that my Mom is going to come from South Carolina. This means the world to me to be able to have her here for a few days while I am still pregnant. She is planning on coming for a month when Kaden arrives to help with the household and Logan since Craig and I will have to spend alot of time at UCSF in the NICU. I am so truely blessed to have such a great support system :)

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! I will be 38 in two months, I don't feel 38 either. That is wonderful that your mom is coming for a month.
    Kaden is showing you he is going to come out fighting, keep it up little one!
    We are looking forward in meeting you and Craig.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! I know what you mean about the movement. Addison practices her karate/boxing every night about 3am. Jason will press on my belly, and she will kick or punch back at him. I have told him that CDH babies practice these moves to be ready to kick CDH's butt when they get here!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!!!! Maybe Kaden and MAxton can train for UFC together. :-) We love UFC and for Christmas I got my husband a UFC shirt and a little onesie that says "future ultimate fighter" on it and has little belt that goes across the waist. :-) I think it will be very fitting since he will definately be a fighter. Have fun with the shower. It's always nice to see friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!! You sound like you have wonderful friends and family there supporting and cheering baby Kaden on!! Tell Kaden to keep practicing his moves....he is going to come out fighting!! I hope your upcoming baby shower is a big celebration for you and your family. Many prayers for Kaden.

    Hugs, Tracy Meats - mom to Ian, born with a LCDH on 4/3/04 and WY and CO State Rep. for CHERUBS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! Prayers continued.....Hold onto HOPE. God gives Miracles everyday!

    ~Terri and Ava
    avaslifewithcdh.blogspot.com
    cdhawarenessvideos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete