Thursday, September 3, 2009

Happy Bithday Baby Kaden (and Max)

Today is Kaden's 5 month birthday. Times seems to be flying now. With the recent passing of Jackson, Ireland, and MJ, those horrible feelings seem to creep up on me when I least expect it. It is hard to get over losing a child, but when you see other parents--deserving parents--losing their child, too, it is hard to move on. I am brought right back to my grief everytime one of these babies loses their battle with CDH. I relive in my mind what it felt like to have to remove Kaden from support-to have to make that "final" decision. In essence, to give up on him. I know Kaden is in a better place, and no longer suffering, but this whole situation is just wrong. I never thought I would ever lose a child-ever. I'm sure no one ever does, but the question as to why we are chosen to go thru this is very painful to me. I am hoping that part of the reason Craig & I were given Kaden is to help raise awareness for CDH. I know myself, and I would never be as passionate about making a difference if I, personally, had not lost a child to it. A piece of me will never be the same. There will always be a hole in my heart for the baby that I never got to know.

Mommy loves you, Kaden, and misses you terribly.

5 comments:

  1. I love Kaden too! I hate that our boys are celebrating their month birthday in heaven together without us. It is a sad day today for me. I've been thinking of you all morning! Hoping those babies are sending us gifts for their birthdays instead of us sending one to them. :-) Love you guys!
    Ash

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will forever remember Kaden on his birthday, for he shares the same birthday as Ian and I remember the day he arrived and the joy he brought you. Kaden is such a beautiful child. You will forever carry Kaden's heart, you will carry his heart within yours.

    Thinking of you, Tracy, Ian's mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart and thoughts are with you... hoping and praying that you heal! Kaden will be forever in our hearts! He is a sweet angel watching over babies who need him!
    HUGS!!!
    Joanna(gabriela-monteiro.com)

    ReplyDelete