Friday, October 16, 2009

Candles for our babies



Last night was Infant Loss Awareness Night, and Craig & I (and all our friends) had dinner at our house and lit candles for just some of the babies that have touched our lives. It is so bitter-sweet...I was so sad that there were so many names to list (I am sure I forgot someone). All of our bags had the names of CDH babies, ones who's stories we followed, and ones who's families were such a great support for us during our journey with Kaden. There was just one baby, Brendon, that died from SIDS on Wednesday. His mom, Carrie, was one of my Two-week-Wait friends and she was very supportive of me during my pregnancy. Her twin boys were born about 2 weeks before Kaden. I know her pain has to be unimaginable. Please pray for her family during this extremely difficult time.

3 comments:

  1. Very sweet and moving!!! Praying for Brendon's family! Also, praying for you. I hope you're doing okay.

    Love,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was beautiful...Thank you so much for including Vincent. I will pray for Brendon's family as well as yours. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant to comment on this earlier that this was really a beautiful thing for you to do. It's amazing to see you go through this grieving process and be able to accept your lot in life and not move on, but move forward.

    ReplyDelete