Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday the 13th...

Well, today is Craig & my 5th Anniversary of the day we met. It is really the only anniversary we celebrate. We had to wait so long to get married that we really don't do anything "super-special" for our actual wedding date--call us crazy! Friday the 13th has always been a GOOD day in my life! Don't know how we are going to celebrate yet--we were going to go to Monterey for a couple of days, but I have such a hard time getting comfortable we decided just to stay close to home. Just one of the many small sacrafices we make when we are pregnant :) I did get a call from UCSF and my next appointment is March 2nd at 10:45am. I will be a little over 33 weeks then, and we "may" discuss the birthing plan. If not we will go back in a couple of weeks for that. I am starting to get really scared about the fact that Kaden will not be "safe" inside me for much longer--and I know what a fight he will have when he gets here. I just want to protect him from all the things that he will have to endure to get healthy :( I am enjoying being pregnant sooo much--not ONE pregnancy related problem (High Blood Pressure, GD, swelling--NOTHING)--I have only gained 20 lbs., and aside from just getting used to being "rounder", I feel fantastic! I pray that my AFL remains in check (last appointment it was 19) and that I can make it past 38 weeks...

On another topic--we put up Kaden's crib (it looks like a throne to me) and have gotten everything on our registry except for the rocker/glider chair that I wanted. So now all we need is a BABY!

Please continue to pray for all of us, as we are getting anxious and are praying that God will continue to give us the strength to stay strong! This is a difficult journey, but one that I am forever thankful that we are not on alone! I have come in contact with so many other CDH families, having gone thru or going thru what we are and cannot express enough how much each of their journeys inspires me on a daily basis. I am ADDICTED to everyones BLOGS and their stories and feel like I know you all...

9 comments:

  1. I'm keeping you in my prayers. if you want to visit our blog, please email me to maferarceamare@gmail.com so I can send u an invite :)

    Fer
    Mom to Juan Pablo (RCDH)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristi - Kaden's crib is ADORABLE, and he WILL get great use out of it. I understand what it's like to feel like you're not in control. My whole week was like that. But, Kaden needs your strength, so you just have to stay strong for him. You're in our prayers.

    Much Love,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Craig and Kristi,

    Happy "Meeting Date" Anniversary~

    It's always wonderful to celebrate the date in which you fell in love! :-)

    I wanted to personally thank you for your kind words of hope and wish you well with your upcoming delivery! Kaden's room is wonderful and I'm confident that he'll enjoy it as much as you guys do right now!
    Sending prayers and best wishes,

    Hugs,
    Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. The crib looks great! So cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristi and Craig--I love Kaden's crib and I am sure his nursery looks great!! Continue to stay strong for Kaden and believe you will bring that boy home. Many prayers for Kaden and your family in the weeks to come.

    Happy Anniversary on the day you and Craig met!! That is wonderful you celebrate that day!!

    To baby Kaden, keep fighting little boy and we are praying for you to be strong.

    Hugs, Tracy Meats - mom to Ian, born with a LCDH on 4/3/04 and WY and CO State Rep. for CHERUBS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kadens crib is so cute! We have you in our prayers. Kaden is so lucky to have you as his mommy and daddy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kris, the room looks wonderful. Any child would be proud to sleep there. I'm glad you have almost everything you need. If you haven't found a rocker by the time I come back out, Ben and I will go shopping for you. Tell everyone I certainly enjoyed meeting them and look forward to more visits. Love Kisses and Prayers every day. Mom and Ben

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just checking in with you to see how you're doing. You're always so good about keeping up with us, so I wanted to do the same. I don't see your email on your profile though. Maybe I'm missing it. I'd love to chat more if you're up for it though. My email is studdard2@gmail.com.

    Hope to hear from you soon.

    Love,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will be praying for Kaden. His room looks beautiful!

    -Megan, mommy to John Michael
    www.carepages.com, visit "JohnMichaelLarson"

    ReplyDelete