Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Kaden's Baby Shower


Kaden's shower was a success! With about 40 in attendance over the course of the afternoon I was feeling a little "spread thin"! MUCH THANKS to Naomie (who should be a party planner), Vanessa (who made me cry with with the "K" brownies and the CDH Ribbon cream puffs) and Jacqueline (Who should be a professional cake maker)who did so much to plan the "perfect" event for us. It was really great to see everyone and there was so much support for Kaden--I cannot express enough how much it means to us. We were really excited to get to meet Shane & Liz in person--I was actually glad to have some alone time with you guys--it was probably the highlight of my day. I have so many questions and Nayeli is my personal "BEACON OF HOPE"... My Mom was able to come from South Carolina, which meant the world to me to have her here while I was pregnant. One of her co-workers from her office, Connie, made one of the most touching gifts. It was one of the "few" times I cried during the day. It really was a CELEBRATION of his arrival! Here are a few pics:

Brownie Bites w/ "K"'s from Vanessa

The Cake Jac Made...



My CDH Ribbon Cream Puffs!!
Mommy & Daddy before the "Cake-Cutting"

The Beautiful Dessert Table

Naomie, Me, and Jac

Kaden's Shower "Loot"





On a different note, I had my appointment at UCSF yesterday. I was mildly "disappointed" that there has been no improvement, but Dr. Lee remains cautiously optimistic. It hasn't gotten worse, either, so for that I am extremely thankful. My fluid level was down to 19 (from 24 last time) so that was good news. I am just continuing to pray that God will have His hand in the birth and that Kaden will have sufficient lung tissue to be stable until they can "fix" him! Please keep us in your prayers and we will keep you updated!

7 comments:

  1. Kaden is in my prayers--praying he is getting stronger with each passing day. Continue to have faith and stay strong for that little boy, for he is going to do amazing things. It looks like you had a wonderful day, surrounded by family and friends cheering Kaden on. From the goodie pictures--it looked like a "yummy" day for Kaden too! Sending you lots of positive thoughts and energy in the weeks to come.

    Hugs, Tracy Meats - mom to Ian, born with a LCDH on 4/3/04 and WY and CO State Rep. for CHERUBS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to hear that his numbers are holding steady! You look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great meeting you guys. We wish we couldve stayed longer.
    Stay strong and don't give up hope!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you had fun. I'm keeping Kaden in my prayers.
    Fer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kaden is such a great nice... very unique!
    Congrats on the new little one :)

    All the best,
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice shower. :-) I like the CDH touches, they were very nice. Our little boys are going to be sooo spoiled. hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm praying for sweet Kaden. He definitely sounds like a fighter. And I can't get over those u/s pics. What a doll. Stay strong!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete