Wednesday, February 18, 2009

To all my new friends :)

I just wanted to take a moment out of my not-so-busy day (I have been sick for 3 days) to say how much all of your support means to me. If I ever questioned why God put us on this road, I believe it is because of the new friends I will make along the way. I just got off the phone with Liz (Nayeli's mommy) and she always makes me feel so good :) For that I am eternally greatful! She is going to meet us at UCSF on the 2nd (our next appointment) and hopefully we will be able to meet with Marion & Jason (and maybe even baby Addison) who arrived last night. Marion posted that Addison is doing good, so please KEEP HER IN YOUR PRAYERS DURING HER FIGHT! I also got a message from Stephanie, Mommie-to-be of twins, Brooke & Kamryn (who has LCDH) just checking in on me. I'm further along--I should be checking on YOU! I also have to mention that Megan, John Michael's mommie, posted an absolutely precious video about John's journey from birth to today on the CHERUBS website (and his blog) that made me so speachless and moved me to tears (Only HAPPY tears, Megan, I promise) I think Craig even got a little choked-up. You did such an amazing job on it! He is so beautiful--see for yourself-and to hear him laugh has got to be the best ever. It really hits home how much we take for granted sometime--I would give anything to know that we will hear Kaden cry or laugh.

Anyway, I just wanted to take the opportunity to say "thank-you" to all those who were strangers to us not to long ago, but have since become a part of my daily routine--all the CHERUB mommies & daddys. There is a certain amount of support that comes from someone who has gone thru or is going thru what we are with the CDH. They are the ones that truely understand our fears, anxiety, and moments of pure joy--I think we all go thru the exact same emotions. We are in some ways a family...

8 comments:

  1. This birth defect has join us together. All the CDH community is like a family and I feel so blessed because of it. I'm keeping you in my prayers, always. Too bad we live too far away to meet eachother :(

    xxx
    Fer

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((HUGS))) Kristi!! I am sad to hear that you have been sick...hope you feel better soon. I keep checking your blog waiting for new updates on Kaden. I hope the 2nd shows that he is doing great and getting stronger. He continues to be in my prayers as your entire family. Thank you for sharing your journey and Kaden with us. I feel blessed to be able to share Ian's experiences and to help parents. Prayer is powerful, as well as being surrounded by positive thoughts and energy. When the CHERUBS conference is San Francisco in 2010...I definitely want to come to meet you and Nayeli's family!! Take care and give your belly a rub from me and tell Kaden to keep fighting and that he has so many people cheering him on and sending him lots of hugs and love!

    Hugs, Tracy Meats - mom to Ian, born with a LCDH on 4/3/04 and WY and CO State Rep. for CHERUBS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristi,

    Hope you feel better soon! The CDH community is definitely a close one and if there is ever anything we can do for your family please let us know.

    We are anxiously awaiting Kaden's arrival and continue to keep y'all in our thoughts and prayers.

    Jessica Singletary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristi,

    We are so sorry that you are dealing with CDH but so very glad to have you and Craig and Kaden as part of our CHERUBS family!

    As soon as Kaden is born and you post a photo, we have to get you a proper personalized CDH ribbon.

    Know that we're all here for you, whatever you need! And of course you all in our prayers and thoughts!!!

    (((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))

    Dawn

    CHERUBS - The Association of Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia Research, Awareness and Support
    http://www.cdhsupport.org
    http://www.cdhresearch.org

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kristi,

    It is amazing at how many strangers we've met along the same journey.
    You are sooooo supportive of us, and we wish you nothing but the same! I truly hope that one day...years from now, we're still sharing stories about how silly our boys are! :-)
    Sending big hugs and best wishes to you and Kaden!

    Love,
    Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry that you have to go through this CDH journey, I to have a son named Kaden. I love that name. He was born 8-18-08 and chose wings 9-16-08. He went through a lot but ultimately he did not have enough lung and He could not go back on Ecmo. I pray that my Kaden will be watching over your Kaden, besides their name means Fighter. Many prayers your way.

    Jamie M
    www.kadenmorrowsjourney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so great that Liz is going to meet with you! Liz and I have made good friends through our blogs and have exchanged phone calls. We live too far away to visit regularly but thank goodness for the Internet!

    I'll continue to watch over you all.
    -Megan, mommy to John
    www.carepages.com, JohnMichaelLarson

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kristi! My daughter is almost 18 months old and she just had surgery to fix CDH that was not diagnosed until 2 months ago. She is a miracle in herself. I am trying to find out info about what exactly CDH looks like when in utero and why Samantha's was not seen. She is happy and healthy now but all the "might have beens" can be heartwrenching as I'm sure you know. My heart certainly goes out to you and my family will say a prayer for you and Kaden and your beautiful family. God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete