Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Kaden will be here on April 3rd!

I have gotten so many phone calls since yesterday--"How did the appointment go? You didn't update the blog..." Sorry, but by the time we got home, I was exhausted and it was 3pm--so I took a nap :)

This has been a difficult couple of weeks for the CDH family, and I am amazed every day how selfless and supportive Marion & Ashley have been with words of encouragement for us and Kaden. With their tragic losses so new, it is reassuring to me that no matter what the outcome, I will find the strength to make it thru it. You two are my Hero's :) And I pray that Angel Addison and Angel Max will whisper in Kaden's ear that it will all be okay...

Here is the update:

We had our "last" ultrasound at UCSF at 10:45am yesterday. Apparently, per Dr. Rand, Kaden looks "fantastic". That is ALWAYS good to hear, but we are still very nervous. They could not get a good look at his lungs because of his position (same as last time) but at this point in the game I am not even concerning myself with any sort of number--it will not change how he will present when he is born. He did say they could see lung tissue, but just couldn't get a measurement. They did check all his other organs, and he said they looked great--his heart and kidneys are always what I worry about the most. They estimate his weight to be 6 lbs. 4 oz., but said they are almost always larger because they estimate their weight based on the circumference of their abdomen, and the majority of the things that are suppose to occupy his abdomen are in his chest. I think he is at least going to be an 8 pounder! The best news of the day was that my fluid levels are still COMPLETELY NORMAL--20.3!! I will take ANY GOOD NEWS these days:)

So, with all that being said, they are going to do my c-section a week from Friday (April 3rd) at 10am--at which time I will be 38 weeks +. I originally really wanted to go to 39 weeks, but after talking with Dr. Rand, they feel that it is better for Kaden to err on the side of caution, and get him out before I develop any problems. So, in about 9 days, we will be new parents and are terrified and excited to meet him, our beautiful son that was created by so much love.

At this point, we are just asking for everyone to continue to pray for Kaden. And those of you that have your "Kaden Candles" from the baby shower, please light them and say a prayer next Friday for God to hold him (and us) thru this journey that lies ahead.

My Mom will be here on Tuesday, and plans to spend a month helping with Logan and Jess (not that she needs much at 17). It is such a relief that we will not have the added stress of worrying about things at home. We will continue to keep everyone posted--and we will have internet at the hospital so I will definitely update the blog and beg for prayers daily :)

9 comments:

  1. Hi Kristi,

    I'm so glad to hear that your last ultra sound went "well." I'm even more excited (and even a little jealous) that your fluid levels are down, that's AWESOME!
    You and Craig need to get a little R and R this weekend before the big day! I will be sure to get a candle and light one for your special little guy next Friday.
    I wish you all the best!
    Thank you for all of your words of encouragement for us, as well! Our CDH Family needs to stick together! :-)
    Big Hugs.

    Love and prayers,
    Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristi,

    We are so pleased that you have made it this far. Kaden is alreay a little star! Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy- after Alina was born I caught myself still talking to my belly ( lol)- and don't worry, Kaden will do great! He's put up an amazing fight already.
    We are praying for your and your little boy.

    Hugs from the other side of the pond.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to hear that Kaden looks good. Just rest and take it easy over the next week so yoiu will be ready for Kaden's arrival. As always, i will keep you and Kaden in my thoughts and prayers, and I can guarantee you that Addison is watching over Kaden and lending him her strength.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GOO Kaden! I will be praying for you. His birthday will be one month after Maxton's. :-) I know Maxton will be watching over Kaden. We love you guys and will be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy to hear the good news! I pray that all goes with with your delivery! Continue with your strong and positive thoughts! U will be having Kaden along the time I relocate to Philly in prep for Gabby's arrival in May! I will be thinking of you!

    Hugs,
    Joanna (CHERUBS)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy you had a good appointment and that you have a birthday picked out!! I have to say, I love April 3rd, for that is the day my miracle (Ian) was born and I will say an extra wish and prayer for your miracle!! Continue to stay positive and strong for your sweet boy and we will be waiting to hear the news he has arrived, stabilized and fighting. Get plenty of rest in the week to come and we will be praying for you that you have an easy recovery from the C-Section and strength and determination for Kaden.

    (((HUGS))) - Tracy, mom to Ian born on 4/3/04 with a LCDH

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please let Kaden know an way you see fit that Maxton will be watching over him. :-) I cant wait to hear about little Kaden's arrival. Praying for you.
    Ash

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi it's BabyMamaDrama from TWW-April board. Just wanted to let you know that I'm praying for y'all!! Congrats on the date!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey there. So excited that he will be here next Friday. Shawn and I will be at the hospital all day doing our round of appointments that very same day, but we will absolutely be keeping all three of you in our hearts and prayers. Take it easy over the next few days. You need your rest!

    Love, Stephanie
    Kamryn's mommy

    ReplyDelete