Thursday, March 12, 2009

Prayers for Jason, Marion & Angel Addison and an Update


I sit here not even knowing what to write, or say, or think. When I saw yesterday that Addison had lost her CDH battle, I lost it. I am not going to lie--I have the hardest time trying to make sense of it all. I am not questioning God's plan, but just struggling to understand the "why's". My heart truly breaks for Jason & Marion, but I know they know they did absolutely everything they could for their princess, and sacrificed alot to get her the best care possible. To have to go thru this whole ordeal away from their family and friends is a sacrifice in itself. I pray for peace for them in the weeks to come, and hope that they choose to stay in touch with their CDH family. We really care about them.

Please continue to pray for Maxton. He is making baby steps in the right direction, but has had a few "bumps" in the road. Pray specifically for his brain bleed to heal itself, so if he does need ECMO, they will be able to put him on so his body can rest. Ashley and David have been so strong and are so proud of their little man (not so little..)I am inspired every day by the new Mommies and Daddies strengths, and pray that I will be able to be strong as well. At this point, 35 weeks pregnant, I am scared to death and wanting so bad to prolong the inevitable. Normal feelings, I am sure, but still feelings that I cannot ignore.

I do want to say that I am happy that Charlie (aka: Gumdrop) is doing well, and Davis is on his way home :) Baby Oakley is doing great, as well, and aside from feeding issues, will probably be home soon, too. Alina is back home and doing well, and of course Nayeli is doing GREAT!! She was SCREAMING in the background last night when I was talking to Liz. Music to me ears-- :)

As for all of us Mommies that are so close to delivery: Lisa, Sheryl, Stephanie, Marilu, Lindsay, Carissa. We need to stay positive, and just continue to ask for God to hold our hand thru this journey. I am sure we are all feeling the same emotions, but we were "given" these babies for a reason and are here for each other and we will get thru it.

6 comments:

  1. Girl you are so close. Hang in there. My heart goes out to Addison's family. I know her story must scare you. Every CDH baby is different. Keep that in mind. My thoughts and prayers are with you and with all the CDH families who are in our position. We are all unique in our own special way, and will get through this with God's love and support. You're doing great. Hang in there.

    Love, Stephanie
    Kamryn's mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristi and Craig,

    We are thinking about you and your little one. We are here for you every step of the way. Keep the positive thoughts going, it will give Kaden the strenght that he needs to fight this CDH monster.

    We are praying for you.

    Hugs from the UK,
    Alina, Ingrid & Alex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kristi, Thanks for the mention. Maxton is doing well today and they are talking of possible surgery next week. He is fighting so hard. I know Kaden will do great too. It broke my heart to hear about Addison. I hope that Kaden stays put for while and that you enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remember to believe in miracles and continue to have hope and faith in Kaden. He will amaze you Kristi with his strength and fight! I hope Kaden stays put for a couple of more weeks and continues to get stronger. Your little boy is in my prayers and thoughts. You are doing great Kristi!!

    Hugs, Tracy Meats - mom to Ian

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will keep praying for you. I remember having some of the same feelings of wanting the pregnancy to just last and last. I held onto every moment, every little kick, every conversation the two of us had before my baby was born. I tried to enjoy each second because I did not know what was in store for us. Even now as I watch my happy 5 month old bounce and jump in his exerciser toy I take each moment, each smile, each giggle and laugh and hold them dear because I have no way of knowing if his good health will continue or if he will re-herniate. I also must remind myself that NONE of us knows how long we have on this Earth, so cherishing and being grateful for each moment are very good things.

    Sincerely,

    Megan
    mommy to John Michael
    CarePage JohnMichaelLarson

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will continue to pray for all the babies fighting CDH and all the mommies getting ready to deliver little fighters!

    ReplyDelete