Monday, March 2, 2009

Good Day at UCSF--Got to meet Addison :)

Just got back from my 34 week appointment at UCSF. There have been no changes to Kaden's condition, which to me is good news. They are estimating his weight at.....almost 5 lbs!! I thought Maxton was gonna be a HOSS--Kaden is going to give him a run for his money! Craig & I (and Logan) met Liz (Naylei's mommy) there this morning and we went up to the NICU to meet Marion & Jason and Baby Addison. Marion looked absolutely GREAT, (Jason did, too, but he did not just give birth!) and they were very uplifting. Addison is absolutely PRECIOUS--she is smaller than she looks in the pics on their blog. As you all probably know, she was put on ECMO on Friday night, but is doing well and getting the rest her little body needs. Please continue to keep her in your prayers. There were two other CDH babies in the NICU, too. Dr. Lee said that one of them had the tracheal occlusion done in-utero, and she is doing really well--Amazingly well, actually. He did say he couldn't say it was because of the TO procedure, or just that she would have done well anyway. Repeat after me, "NO CDH BABY IS THE SAME". But it is always good to hear of one doing great.

As for me, I am doing great...If I do say so myself. Dr. Lee said I will probably make it to at least 38 weeks, if not longer. Knock-on-wood...my AFL levels remains low (which I really hope means that Kaden is breathing and swallowing it up!) and my blood pressure, sugar levels (NO GD) and everything else is good. They checked my cervix today and there are no changes--still long and closed. So, continue to pray that he continues to remain content inside mommy and will come out close to 40 weeks with some functioning lung tissue:) Please pray for this boy to do amazing things when he does arrive...

13 comments:

  1. Thinking of your little one...I hope that Kaden turns out to be a big boy too.. I've heard that is good. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was great seeing you today. you look great! you are in our daily prayers. Kaden keep fighting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for praying for Charlie. We are glad to share our story with you. we know that before Charlie was born it was other blogs that gave us hope and passion. It is scary but do not give up hope...not for one second. Your strength will give Kaden even more strength! You are most certainly in our prayers now and throughout your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristi,
    It's great to hear that Mr. Kaden will most likely be staying put until after 38 wks. Those last few weeks are so crucial for lung development.
    Good luck and continue to feel good and make sure you rest as much as you can!
    Thinking of you and your family,
    Love,
    Sheryl, Tom, Jared and "Jaime" (RCDH May 09')

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad that everything is ok and that you could meet other CDH parents :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like Kaden is doing good and will be a big boy!! Many continued prayers for your "superstar" that he will continue to get stronger and he will do amazing things!!

    Tracy Meats - mom to Ian, born with a LCDH on 4/3/04 and WY and CO State Rep. for CHERUBS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Craig and Kristi,
    Wow, 34 weeks! Way to go and so glad to hear that your cervix is long and closed. Do take care of yourself and stay in bed as much as you can. We are thinking about you and are sending positive thoughts to Kaden that he stays inside mommy for a few more weeks.
    Hugs from the UK,

    Alina, Ingrid & Alex

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kristi,

    It was so good to see all of you yesterday. I want to thank you for your support and the adorable gift. I am glad to hear that Kaden i doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad that Kaden is doing so well. Oh, I pray he stays nice and snuggled up in there for just a few more weeks. And how wonderful it must have been to have met other CDH families. Doesn't it give you a sense of calmness after you meet them? It did us... We're praying for you and won't stop!!!!

    Love, Stephanie
    Kamryn's Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm praying for you, Kristi. I know Kaden is going be perfect in every way. I'm sure my Corben is watching over him. :) Stay strong

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you met Liz and Maxton's parents. It helps to have others to share this journey with. What good news about Kaden's weight and that he's staying put for now. Stay positive and we'll be anxiously awaiting Kaden't arrival! :)
    -Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Kristi, CDH roller coaster is still def. crazy, but you can do it. Those last few weeks of pregnancy were hectic for me and I was so worried. It's been a very interesting week. Hang in there. I can't wait to hear about little Kaden's upcoming arrival. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the words of encouragement! I guess we will both just keep truckin'!

    ReplyDelete