Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Kaden holding his own


Pictues above is Kaden's prayer bear. Prayer bear is wearing The Lords Prayer cross that was sent to Kaden by Papa and Nahnee.

Not a whole lot of change with Kaden. He has now been off ECMO for over 24 hours and is doing well. His O2 stats have been hovering around the mid 80's all day long. He is still pooping good, (averages a poop or two a day) which is good! That means that his insides are working well even though they are mostly up in the left side of his chest. Kaden is still pretty swollen. He is not peeing a lot like we need him to. It's not out of the ordinary for babies coming off ECMO not to pee a whole lot after the big change to their bodies. The nurses and doctors said that they are pretty much in shock for a day or two after coming off ECMO. I'm just really glad that he is doing well for his stats. Kaden has had a few small pee's today, but not quite enough to make us more comfortable. I am confident that he will start peeing a whole lot more tomorrow. We spent the whole day with Kaden by his bedside until dinner. Grandma Mary, Jacqeline, sister Jessica, and Gabby (Jacqeline's daughter) came to visit. We all went to dinner and then, they came see Kaden. Everybody was very happy to see Kaden. They all said that he looks really good. Even Jessica was able to come in and see her baby brother. Jessica did a lot better today coming in to see Kaden. Kristi and I were both very happy she came in to see Kaden. She even touched his little foot. Overall, a pretty good day. Not much more to report. Keep the prayers coming, because they are working. Once again, Kristi and I thank everybody for their support. We are still in the hospital. Our social worker said that she would keep us in the hospital until Kaden get's more stable. Will update again tomorrow.....hopefully with more good news:)

10 comments:

  1. we waited up to hear the latest on our warrior baby friend. we'll start to pray for more pee pee as well as for his body in general to just get better and better. it's great that he is holding his own as well as he is. we have to remember just how far he has come since his attempt on sunday! kaden has so many people praying for him and cheering him on! and if he needs more time to heal up then we can just pray that much longer for him and for you all as well. i'm so glad that jessica was able to come and see her baby brother. i can only imagine how hard this must be on his siblings. now we just get to start praying that much harder for the day that kaden is released from the hospital and is able to spend ALL his time running circles around his big brothers and sister....i'm sure he's going to love getting into their stuff one day. i know my little brother did....he was also the youngest of 4. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Craig and Kristi I was on pins and needles all day checking the blog for good news. I am so glad he is holding his own! Will keep up the prayers and keep checking the blog for updates. When is surgery scheduled? Hey Kaden you keep fighting little man. Can't wait to see you myself!Love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Craig and Kristi,

    So pleased that Kaden is stable and tolerating well being off ECMO. They usually say that the first 24 hours are crucial and by the sounds of it, he is doing brilliantly! Well done little man! We are praying that he continues to improve steadily and gets to surgery soon.
    Hugs,
    Ingrid, Alex & Alina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear Kaden is holding his own. What a tough little guy! Hope you guys get some rest tonight.

    Continuing to pray for Kaden,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for pee pee!!! :-) I am sooooo glad to hear Kaden is holding his own. GO KADEN!!! I hope you guys are doing okay. I know how stressful this all can be. Just hang in there. Continuing to pray for you. I just know Kaden is going to be okay... I can feel it!
    Ash

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been keeping Kaden in my thoughts and prayers. He is such a strong boy. I am so glad to hear that he is holding his own. He is making steps in the rright direction and will be home before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kaden is in my thoughts and prayers. What a warrior Kaden is and praying he has a much better day today, with more pee output and improvement in stats!! Keep fighting Kaden!!

    Hugs, Tracy - Ian's mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. Continuing to pray for Kaden.

    Fellow TWW Member (Oct 08, mommie)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kristi and Craig, I don't know you guys but have been following baby Kaden's story. I think about that little boy constantly and pray SO hard everday that he will beat this. Please know that there are many, many people praying for Kaden and the rest of your family.

    Love, The Turner Family

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kristi & Craig,

    I think I was stalking every 5 minutes from my Iphone!!! OHHHHH I just cried my eyes out when I read he is doing so well...I was so worried yesterday...I went to bed just panicking then I woke up at 12:30am when my hubby came to bed and immediately checked for an update and YEAHHHHHHH!!!! Omg I am so thrilled for you and your strong little warrier Kaden... GO KADEN you can do it little man!!! My whole family is praying for you all day everyday...

    xoxoxo
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete