Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Mid-day update on Kaden


KADEN surrounded by his tower of medications. He has six different medication pumps right now.

Just wanted to give everybody a quick mid-day update on how Kaden is doing. This morning when we went to see Kaden, his stats were kinda low, but he was starting to go pee pee. The doctors were saying that his early morning X-ray showed that his right lung was open up just about all the way and they thought that the high osilating ventilator was too much. So about an hour and a half ago, they took him off the high osilating ventilator and put him on a standard ventilator. He is doing very well on the standard ventilator so far. He is still putting our quite a bit of pee too. We will have a family meeting with the doctors at 5PM to discuss what has been going on with his progress, and what the plan is for his future treatment. I heard the doctors during rounds this morning talking about possibly doing Kaden's surgery on Monday if he continues to get rid of the excess fluids and his stats stay good. Keep your fingers crossed and keep on praying!! I will update again later tonight, but just wanted to let everybody know that Kaden is having a pretty good day.

10 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear that Kaden is doing well. I always knew that he would be a little miracle. I know that all the prayers are working.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! That was what I was thinking when I saw you did a mid day update and now I am really thinking it after reading it!! GO KADEN GO!!! I told Max to give Kaden a talk on the pee pee cause Max was the pee champ. :-) Hoping the meeting tonight goes good and you hear some encouraging things. Love you guys.
    Ash

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep the GREAT NEWS coming! We are not taking anything for granted at this point but Kaden is proving to be a very tough cookie. We will be praying for his continued success in healing and getting ready for his upcoming surgery. GO KADEN GO!

    Love from Grandpa and Grandma Kuehl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful news!!! The switch in vents is a very good sign...showing Kaden is getting stronger and I hope the word "surgery" definitely comes up in tonights meeting with the doctors. Praying for Kaden--keep fighting little boy!!!

    Tracy - Ian's mom, born with a LCDH on 4/3/04

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm so glad that he is having a good day! that's awesome that his lung is almost fully open and the downgrade in ventilators a great news! we'll be praying for you both specifically during your meeting time and for little kaden as well!! stay strong kaden! you are doing such a good job man!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi ya'll!

    We are so glad to hear that Kaden is doing well and is peeing! You take for granted the little things right? Well we Grossbach's send our love and hugs and will keep up the positive thoughts! We think about you bunches! Take care and keep strong!

    Erika, James Ciera and Austin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crossings my fingers!
    Keep up the good work Kaden!
    We are all praying for you!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy with the good news! Kaden is always on my mind and I will continue to keep all u in my thoughts! I will pray that he continues on this path so he can have his surgery soon.
    HUGS
    Joanna(cherubs)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such great news. I'm so happy to hear of his progress. I know that must be music to your ears to hear that they may do surgery on Monday. I can't even begin to tell you how much hope you are giving Shawn and I. Just watching your strength tells us that although the road ahead of us is going to be bumpy, it's one that can be travled down. We love you and won't stop praying for you and your family!

    Love,
    Stephanie
    Brooke and *Kamryn's Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that is so terrific. I remember the tower of medications only too well. Kaden, keep slaying this CDH dragon!
    Continued prayers,

    Megan

    ReplyDelete