Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Night Before Kaden

I want you all to know that I FEEL YOUR PRAYERS!! I have, at this moment, a great sense of peace and joy and excitement. The way a Mommy should feel before her beautiful son arrives into this world. I know that Kaden is in God's hands and I am praying that He will heal my precious baby that I wanted for so long and have loved since the day I drove him--"in the cup"--to the fertility clinic. (I bet you don't hear that all that often)! This whole experience,obviously, has not been what I expected but I am so thankful everyday that God gave us Kaden and brought all these great new people into my life. If that alone is Kadens purpose, I'll take it. You all mean alot to me, even if we only get together online. I have never prayed so much in my life, or prayed for so many others--"Makin' Deals with God" is what I like to call it. He is probably getting sick of me, but you know they say the squeaky wheel gets the oil :)

Anyway, here are the finished products for Kaden's Isolet Angels (and his name star so everyone knows who he is in the NICU). I hope his new "CRIB" can accomadate all his guardians.


I am going to try to get a good night's sleep tonight--yeah right! We are all packed and ready to go. Kaden is very active right now. I think he is excited too. I promise we will update the blog as soon as we get a chance tomorrow. Everyone seems to think we will be preoccupied, but I know I will be needing some serious prayer requests and I know how much it meant for me to read the updates after the babies arrived. I just want to say one last time how much all your support and prayers mean to us!

13 comments:

  1. Wow! I can't believe your big day is finally here. We are so excited for you and praying for you now more than ever. I can't wait to hear how you & Kaden are doing. Please post when you can! We will be thinking of you and sending big hugs your way. Be strong and just try to take every issue one at a time... that was the only thing that got us through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristi,
    Good luck tomorrow! Even though we can't be with you in person, know that we WILL be with you in spirit, wishing you all the best!
    Give Kaden a tummy rub for me...fight little man, fight! :-)
    God bless you all!
    Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kristi, Our prayers are with you and baby Kaden. Just believe that God is going to take good care of him.

    God Bless,
    The Irvin's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristi! I am soooo nervous for you! I know Kaden is going to do great.. I feel it!!! Max is watching out for Kaden and sending him love. I hope to meet you and your little miracle someday. :-) I will be saying so many prayers for you all and can't wait to hear about his arrival. Don't get overwhelmed and remember- the doctors aren't in control, even when they are telling you negative things! I'll tell you what one doctor told us- "percentages don't mean a thing. I can tell you the baby only has a 20% chance, but if he is in that 20% then he has a 100% chance."... I liked it, it reminded me that God is in control, not the doctors! Much love and many prayers!!! I'll tell Max to give Kaden a pep talk tomorrow morning!
    Love you!!!
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Craig & Kristi, we are thinking of you and keeping our fingers crossed that Kaden lets out the bigggest cry when he comes out!

    Keirsey Family

    ReplyDelete
  6. God will never be sick of your prayers. I assure you he welcomes your relationship and faith in him. Continue praying and have faith in God...he is capable of miracles!

    For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

    NOW FAITH is the assurance, the confirmation, the title deed, of the things we hope for, being the proof of things we do not yet see and the conviction of their reality [faith perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses].

    Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1

    Have faith in God and what he is capable of!!!! We are thinking of you and your wonderful family.

    Love always.....Liz and Shane Nelson

    ReplyDelete
  7. You will all be in my thoughts tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! The big day is almost here. We will be thinking of you and praying hard for Kaden. I remember after Carter was born, sitting up in the middle of the night, "making deals" with God. We will be anxiously awaiting a post, but you take the time you need to spend with your precious miracle. GOOD LUCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, and one of our favorite neonatologists told us just before Carter was born that CDH parents tend to make the mistake of "not seeing the forest for the trees." Don't lose sight of the big picture in the midst of all the ups and downs. It's a tough road, but certainly worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck Kristi and Craig, our prayers are with you!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thinking of you and your sweet, precious baby! FIGHT KADEN FIGHT!!! I love your isolet angels. Sending you much love and positive thoughts and energy for tomorrow.

    Hugs, Tracy - Ian's mommy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kristi, Craig and Kaden,

    We are thinking about you and hoping and praying that everything will go well. It's a great sign that Kaden is kicking, it shows that he is ready for a good fight. He's done so well so far! Way to go little one! Just a little more to go and you will be home with your mommy and daddy.
    Kristi and Craig, we know it will be hard seeing Kaden in ICU but keep your spirits up. All the nurses and doctors told us that babies who do well usually have parents who are positive and relaxed( right, that's the difficult one). It will be a rollercoaster and sometimes you will feel like you want to pull all those tubes out and run with your baby home but remember, there is ligth at the end of the tunnel and we are sure that Kaden will come out of it smiling! We are here for you! Good luck and all the best!
    Big hugs,

    Ingrid, Alex & Alina

    ReplyDelete