Thursday, April 16, 2009

Kaden's Day




Well, we have had a great day. So far today, Kaden has kept his stats looking very good, and he is still peeing A LOT! We love it!!! The doctor says he is still peeing about 4 times of normal and that he must be trying to make up for lost time. I think it's all about the prayers that God has heard about making Kaden go pee so much. Plus, I think Kaden is trying to make the doctors go crazy. The doctors totally switch around their statements each day. It's unbelievable that yesterday they were saying that they were about at the end of what they could do to treat Kaden, then today they say...WOW, he's doing great compared to yesterday. The surgeon came in today to check on Kaden. He said that if Kaden continues to keep his stats up where they are today, and he continues to pee, they would look into doing his surgery on Monday. What a difference a day makes.


Grandma Mary, Grandma Debbie, and brother Logan came to see Kaden this afternoon. Logan got to finally go in and see Kaden today. He has not seen him since the day he was born. I think Logan did very well in the NICU. I held him up and he talked to his brother Kaden telling him that he loves him and to get better so that he can come home. It was a really good visit. Grandma Debbie will be leaving on Friday for a cruise to the Caribbean Islands that she has had planned for over a year now. I think it's a 10 day cruise and she is very worried about being away. I told her not to worry about anything and that by the time she got back from her cruise, Kaden would be just about recovered from his surgery. DON'T WORRY GRANDMA....HAVE FUN ON YOUR CRUISE. JUST CONTINUE TO THINK POSITIVE THOUGHTS. GOD CAN STILL HEAR YOUR PRAYERS EVEN IF YOU ARE IN THE CARIBBEAN ISLANDS:)





We were told today that we needed to be out of our room by tomorrow. They need the room for the weekend due to large amounts of people coming in for deliveries over the weekends. So, I booked us a room at the Carl Hotel which is the one we stayed at last weekend. It's within walking distance from UCSF (.4 miles). We still need to be close to Kaden. Yeah, he's having a good day today, but we all know how things can change from day to day. We are still spending pretty much all day everyday by his bedside, so we basically just need a place to shower and sleep. We have been here at the hospital now for 15 days now. It is so expensive here in San Francisco. I think we are averaging $50 a day for food (lunch/dinner only for Kristi and I). Now that we are being kicked out of the hospital, the hotel bills will start to add up. Carl Hotel gave us the discounted hosptial rate of $89.99 plus tax, so basically $100 a night. That will get very expensive over time.

I got a message from my job today telling me that they are going to get some kind of financial aid to assist us with the costs of being here at UCSF for such a long period of time. Anything will help, so I am really greatful they contacted me.

I'm going back in with Kaden now, so I will update again later. Just wanted to let everybody know that Kaden's day has continued to be good. I will post again later on tonight.

BELOW IS PROUD BIG BROTHER LOGAN. HE WAS SO HAPPY TO SEE KADEN TODAY.

11 comments:

  1. GO KADEN GO!!! You do not know how happy reading this makes me. I know we have never met, but Kaden is like a dear member of my family! I am soooo glad to hear he is still doing well. I am hoping for some stability in that area- both for him and for you guys. Know that we are all continuing to think of you and I can't wait to hear more good news!!!! :-) Much love and many prayers!
    Ash

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, thank you Lord! I'm sure Kaden enjoyed having Logan around.

    You are in my prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Craig, you really made our day hearing how well Kaden is doing! You have one heck of a strong boy who isn't going to give up! I know all of this must be taking a toll on you guys, but both of you are handling it so incredibly well. Tell Kristi we said hey and are thinking about you all! Tell Kaden we said to keep kicking CDH butt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that Kaden is doing well. He is finally listening to Addison's whispering in his ear to get better. Lots of love and hugs from Atlanta.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good boy Kaden! You really had me worried yesterday. Todays news is awesome!! Keep up the good work.
    Sue Kozik

    ReplyDelete
  6. so happy to read today's update. keep up the good work Kaden! still praying...
    Joanne and John Michael R-CDH 3/11/07

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! GREAT NEWS!

    Hey Big Bother Logan, I bet you telling him to get better was most likely the reason he is doing so well! 8-)~ You are a great big brother! I bet he can't wait to play cars and leggos and stuff with you!!

    Kristi and Craig, considering all that you guys have been through, you look great, it's a great thing to see those smiles!!! HOpe you guys have another great night and hear great news for Monday!

    Erika and the gang

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keep up the good work Kaden! We are all so proud of you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Logan is such a handsome big brother! I'm glad he finally got to visit him.
    Sounds like Mr. Kaden is holding his own...that's awesome!
    I hope you guys are getting the rest you need and I hope the financial assistance works out for you!
    Good luck,
    Continuing to send love and prayers your way!

    Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful news!!! Praying that Kaden keeps making those baby steps towards surgery. Beautiful pictures and you can tell that Logan is a very proud big brother!! Keep having "good days" Kaden and we are thinking of you all.

    Hugs, Tracy - Ian's mom

    ReplyDelete
  11. prayer is an AMAZING thing! we are so excited to read about kaden's day! kristi you look great and i love the pic of daddy with his boys! we will continue to pray that kaden just gets stronger and stronger! we are so proud of you kaden!

    ReplyDelete