Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Two Days and Counting!!

I guess I should at least check in once a day to post at this point. Ashley, you crack me up! I was the same way when Max and Addison were on the way--I was definitely a STALKER! I would look every hour for an update...Craig thought I was crazy:)

I have been unbelievably busy trying to prepare for the "Big Day". I am not going to lie, I am still really scared, but I am starting to get really excited. I cannot wait to see him (tubes and all) and get on the roller coaster. I am not excited about the ride, but I feel mentally ready to face it. Thanks in no small part to all you Mommies (and Daddies) that have gone before us--no matter what the outcome. Your strength and encouragement has inspired me and hopefully helped prepare us for the weeks to come.

On a different note, my Mom arrived yesterday and it is so good to have her here. I feel so guilty about having to leave Logan but he loves spending time with his "Grandma Mary". I know we will make it work, but we will just have to take one day at a time. It is hard for a 5 year old to really understand what is going to be going on. He is sooo smart, though, and always seems to amaze me with how much he really does understand. I guess I should give him more credit...

We did celebrate CDH awareness day. We all wore our CDH Awareness T-shirts that we got from Cafe Press, and at 4:00pm we let our balloons go. We did "special balloons" for Addison, Max, Joseph, Corben, Ryann, and Kaden Morrow, and other balloons for all the other CDH Angels. I will post pics when I get a sec to download them. I know the Angel Babies are enjoying those balloons in heaven.

I know all my still pregnant buddies are getting excited and nervous (and probably uncomfortable), but I want to encourage you to stay positive think NOTHING BUT GOOD THOUGHTS! I truly believe that it can make a big difference. We will all make it thru this together....

I will post my FINAL THOUGHTS tomorrow night, and I promise I will post after Kaden arrives--as soon as he is stable--not because I know what it is like waiting for an update, but because I will need your prayers & support :)

9 comments:

  1. See... I told you I am a stalker.. as I am the first to post. My husband used to think I was nuts.. he actually told me that after Max was here. But he said he then understood! :-) I can't wait to hear about Kaden! He will be GREAT! He has so many angels looking out for him (plus I am sure they were all grateful for their balloons and are now taking EXTRA care of him). We love you guys and will be thinking of you every minute. Do you have a time for your delivery that I have missed? I will look at the previous posts in a minute. :-) Love ya!
    Ash and David and ^Maxton^

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW- I noticed Friday at 10am... I'll be saying EXTRA prayers then. :-) You have come to mean so much to me and I am so nervous for you. Don't drive yourself too nuts tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kristi,
    Know that we will be with "virtually" along your journey, wishing you nothing but the best!

    I know what you mean about Logan's full understanding of all of this, Jared is 5, too. He told everyone at school today that he is "moving" (we're relocating to Cincinnati on Sunday for delivery) and that his brother is sick, he also said that they can come visit him at the hospital. How sweet is that? These guys are very young, but really smart, they'll be just fine! :-)

    Thinking "Happy Thoughts" and hoping that you and Craig are getting the rest that you both need tonight and tomorrow night!

    Hugs,
    Sheryl
    (One of your still very pregnant (SUPER UNCOMFORTABLE) buddies)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristi,

    We are paying for you and your family. And yes staying positive DO make a big difference. Is definitely a roller coaster as soon as the baby is out, and you will have your ups and downs but no mater what stay positive b/c it helps you, Kaden and your family. Please keep us posted I know you will be busy but I been so nervous for everyone else lately. You guys WILL have a great journey :)

    Alyssa is also 5. We always told her that her baby brother was sick and he has to stay at the hospital for a lil while so he can get better and come home to play with you. When Joseph passed, we told her the medicines didn't work and he wasn't getting better so he became an angel and is now watching over her and her little sister Sofia.

    xoxo,

    ~ Carla ( Joseph's mom - 2.3.09 - 2.26.09)

    Also, Joseph was born 2.3.09, Maxton 3.3.09 and Kaden will be 4.3.09 :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristi,

    Love your post and love it how positive you are. You will do great! Kaden has a strong mommy fighting for him. We are thinking about you and your family.
    Big hugs and have an easy delivery.

    Ingrid, Alex & Alina

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am thinking about you constantly. I added you guys to the prayer list this week and our prayer group is saying a special prayer at 10:00 am for you both! I have something for Kaden. Where is the best place to send it since you will be in SF for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Will be praying hard for strength for Kaden to come out fighting and doctors are able to stablize him quickly. Praying for strength for you and Craig and the kids as you prepare for the journey that lies ahead. There will be good days and bad days, but cherish every second with Kaden. Ian and I will say an extra birthday wish for Kaden tomorrow, for Ian will be 5 tomorrow, but he follows two blogs with me (looking at pictures and saying a prayer) and knows these babies were sick like he was when he was born. He told me Kaden is going to be a superbaby! Best wishes Kaden is a superbaby and fights his battle and wins! I will be one of your stalkers too...I can't wait to see pics and read updates on your little boy. Hope the delivery goes smoothly and you recover quickly. Kaden is so lucky to call you his mom and dad.

    Big Hugs, Tracy, Chris, Cole, Ian, and Shane Meats

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I'm so excited for you. I promise that whenever we get home from our big day at Children's touring the NICU and meeting with the surgeons, etc., we will check in and see your update. Your strength is very encouraging to me, since I still have about 10 more weeks to go. Thank You!!! It's easy to hear family and friends tell me to stay positive, etc., but to hear it from someone who is about to deliver a CDH baby, or who already has, means a little more for some reason. I also worry about leaving my 7 year old, when the time comes for us to deliver. She is extremely close to Shawn and I, and it's going to be so hard. But, I just have to have faith that she's going to be okay.

    Big prayers going up for Baby Kaden tomorrow. He's been such a champ so far, I know he's going to do great. Get some rest tonight!

    Love,
    Stephanie
    Brooke and Kamryn's Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Kristi, I cannot believe that tomorrow is the big day. We'll be saying tons of prayers for your family and especially for Kaden.

    Get plenty of rest although I know that's going to be almost impossible and remember that these babies do miraculous things every single day!

    If you need anything do not hesitate to call me or email. We'll be anxiously awaiting an update.....

    We love y'all!

    Jes

    ReplyDelete